svn commit: samba r18187 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/librpc: .

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Sep 7 00:57:22 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 10:12 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 01:49 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> > > One is that it gives me a nice, warm fuzzy feeling that the code is
> > > being checked out over a trusted channel (important when then cutting a
> > > release and signing it).
> > That's a very rare case. You can still check out those directories over
> > SSH if you really need to.
> >
> > > Also the need to allow a different port out of firewalls etc.
> > We (the committers) are the only people for which the situation changes.
> I presume we also can't commit to that part of the tree any more?
Well, we can't commit to that directory from Samba3 (where the externals
are used), but we can of course still commit from the Samba4 one (which
is where most of the changes in the idl happen anyway.

> > I agree that it's not perfect, but it does make managing these two
> > directories a lot easier.
> It would be good if SVN externals took a relative URL.
Yeah, definitely. I'll see if there's a bugreport yet, otherwise I'll report one.

> > Another option would be to switch to using Apache2 + mod_svn in which
> > case anonymous and authenticated users can use the same server, though I
> > remember there were some security concerns with that.
> I really don't want us to do that.
Why not? We could use Kerberos authentication... >-)

Cheers,

Jelmer