user interfaces for samba4 or samba3 configuration

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:38:37 GMT 2006

On 9/5/06, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 07:33:35PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> >
> > I really don't want ejs in Samba 3.  I'm open for discussion
> > but this has a big -1 from me right now.
>
> Ok, I'm more interested in the config backend library anyway :-).

Same here.

Would it help in the current discussion, if I said that I have been
working on extending the registry rpc for config, albeit its only for
reading from smb.conf currently ? The biggest blocker I hit was
writeback to smb.conf . And currently I am going for storage in
smbconf.tdb way for dealing with this problem.

I am open to discussions / suggestions for the config library via
registry or any other means.

And yes, I would be very interested in a backend that would allow a writeback !

regards,
Chetan S