ldb speed

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Oct 30 23:14:59 GMT 2006

Simo,

 > Now if that is true then how do we handle a rename in domain A if the
 > renamed object is referred in domain B?
 >
 > GUID is the best key to handle this cases, and coupled with a cache for
 > GUID->DN of foreign domains fast enough too.

We are not free to choose whatever solution we like for that
problem. When we are solving problems that can cross between two ldap
servers then we have to assume that one of those servers might be a
windows LDAP server. In that case we must first look at what windows
will send on the wire before we design something that will work.

I don't know how windows handles this situation, and until we find out
then its no use us trying to build something compatible.

Cheers, Tridge