unpack_nt_owners fails with owner S-1-5-32-544

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Oct 25 02:42:05 GMT 2006

David,

 >    Non-Linux systems still have the silly limitations on the number of
 > groups one can belong to, so **do** set both in the acl: even with
 > the limits it preserves correctness.

I know that silly setgroups() limitation is annoying, but I can't
actually see how it applies at all in this case, or how it affects
correctness in ACLs. We don't do setgroups() when evaluating an ACL,
and neither does the kernel.

What scenario are you thinking of where the supplementary groups
limitation for a unix task makes any difference at all to the way we
map ACLs between NT, posix and NFS4 ?

Cheers, Tridge