Coverity errors in libndr/

Tue Oct 24 20:43:24 GMT 2006

Hi, pidl gurus!

Coverity has discovered a class of flaws in the generated
NDR marshalling code.

If you look at gen_ndr/ndr_echo.c:1166 we dereference
r->in.foo1 but in line 1174 we check if that's NULL. So
either the check in 1174 is unnecessary or should come
before 1166. Foo1 in this case is a ref pointer, but a
broken user of this API should not segfault I think, so I
would tend to move the check to line 1166.

But this goes a bit beyond my pidl knowledge.

Comments?

Volker