testsuite changes

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Oct 19 04:06:49 GMT 2006

Jelmer,

 > gdb can be run on the individual binary or on smbtorture with the option
 > 'follow-fork-mode' set to 'child' (I havent tried the latter, but I
 > think it should work)

btw, follow-fork-mode is one of the least portable features of
gdb. Even on the very few platforms it does work on (and I think linux
is not one of those platforms, at least last time I checked), it
doesn't handle the exec after the fork, so its useless for the
exec-subunit code in smbtorture.

I have written a LD_PRELOAD at
http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/junkcode/forkgdb/ that gets around some
of these limitations, but it is still a _lot_ worse than normal gdb.

Cheers, Tridge