tdb/tdb.c: tdb_oob() significance (when not using MMAP)

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 09:00:47 GMT 2006

Hi,

On 10/18/06, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:22:02AM +0530, dhruva wrote:
> > pwrite() and pread() are available. However, I am not sure how it will
> > work on a clustered environment. I will give it a shot. Don't you
> > think fcntl() should handle probable race conditions.
>
> Wait a second -- you will use tdb in a cluster? How well
> does this perform on VMS if you do actually shared access?

we make all tdb files available on a common disk mounted on nodes in a
cluster. Use fcntl() to synchronize access to tdb's between nodes in a
cluster. We have a working setup (on our development environment)
which is working. I have not really measured the performance as we are
still working on getting the major portion of Samba functioning on
VMS.
Another approach is if we have shared memory spanning across nodes in
a cluster, we could than map the tdb onto a shared memory and use
locks to sync the access. This might be better but I need to check.

-dk

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!