Vista RC2 doesn't like samba-3.0.10+ or 3.0.22+

Mon Oct 16 03:56:19 GMT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:30:42PM +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
> Here's is a tcpdump of my Vista RC2 workstation attempting to connect to
> my Samba-3.0.23c FC5 Linux workstation via "\\CROM"). It fails with
> Vista hanging for around a minute and then reporting "parameter is
> incorrect". If I instead connect to "\\CROM1" (netbios aliases setting),
> it immediately successfully lists the shares as expected.

Is it possible that \\CROM once was 'security=ads', and the
Vista box still has a Kerberos service ticket around?

In the negprot reply we don't offer that we are kerberos,
but Vista still sends it. I can only imagine that Vista has
something cached.

It would be interesting to see a connection to an XP box
that is member of ADS, leave that XP box from ADS and do
another connection to that XP box. How does Vista behave
there?

Volker