Vista RC2 doesn't like samba-3.0.10+ or 3.0.22+

Sat Oct 14 07:58:15 GMT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:23:00PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > No they are "server = DOMAIN" even though we are fully AD Win2K3. We had
> > a cow of a time getting Samba (specifically winbind) to work reliably
> > under "server = ADS" and have gone back to DOMAIN. Other than this we
> > really haven't lost any functionality...
>
> Latest samba will use ADS mode against AD servers even if you set
> security = DOMAIN

This is not all of the truth. Yes, with security=domain we
use ldap to connect to the DCs but we do not offer Kerberos
authentication in the session setup. This is what made a big
difference for me when connecting to Vista from smbclient.
And this is why I need traces.

Thanks,

Volker