Fixing SAMBA_4_RELEASE

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 4 04:47:39 GMT 2006

I'm having some trouble trying to 'fix' the release tree, so I can move
forward with the Samba4 tech preview.

As it stands, as far as I can tell, Jelmer did an SVN merge of the
source/ directory, but not the other files under SAMBA_4_0.

From my limited knowledge of SVN, I think what we really want to do is
an 'svn copy' of the trunk to that branch.  Is this correct?  What is
the right command sequence to achieve that?

I've tried to use 'svn merge' again, but just created a mess.

Can someone help?

Or should I just manually patch in the few files that changed outside
source/, for this time?