remote file system

Aravinda Guzzar aguzzar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:41:37 GMT 2006

Hi,

>>>My question is - what is the best way to handle read requests in such
system ?
>>>I don't want to fetch all the the remote files every time I get this
request...

The file-cache table to keep track of all the stored files should be able to
solve the problem. The file cache should be able to store the file-header
information. The cache can also be further extended to store information
such as File-Id, (FID cache), Path Cache, Dir Cache. These caches if
implemented properly should also improve the response time for the client
even if the files are stored remotely.

Again the cache should be able to be configurable to handle different loads.

--
Aravinda
(Views expressed here are my personal opinion ONLY)