svn commit: samba r19058 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: auth passdb rpc_server smbd

Tue Oct 3 19:29:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:19:43PM -0400, Jim McDonough wrote:
> Well, for some of this a torture test shouldn't be too hard...we probably
> should setup a test though that uses two userids, one admin, one not.  This
> could be used to test out the 'must change at next logon' and 'cannot change
> password' settings.  But the calculated times can't really be tested, unless
> we're going to be changing the clock...or if we can explicitly set a
> password set time through a back door, but it wouldn't be clean.

Having another user is no problem, look at
torture_samba3_rpc_getusername for example. I was thinking
more in terms of how setting the "must change at next logon"
and "cannot change password" actually influence later logons
and password changes in terms of error codes from both
session setup and samlogon.

For the samlogon test you might hook into the existing
RPC-NETLOGSAMBA3 code that creates a domain-member
environment to be able to actually issue the samlogon calls.

Volker