updated newidmap

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Oct 3 19:07:11 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 21:02 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > > And you will still need a *:ldap:50001-100000 for all
> > > domains you right now are not aware on.
> >
> > I'd like to leave that decision to the admin (the default config will be
> > something like that normally).
>
> Sorry, but I would very strongly object having allocation
> ranges per domain. It would take a vote from many others to
> persuade me to accept this.
>
> Anyone?

Is there any logic flaw you see besides the "it is just too compicated"
opinion?
I am not saying it is not, just want to understand if there is any flaw
in my logic, or if you just dislike it because of the complexity for the
admin (the code would be quite simple imo).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer