updated newidmap

Tue Oct 3 19:19:24 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:07:11PM -0400, simo wrote:
> Is there any logic flaw you see besides the "it is just too compicated"
> opinion?

No principal flaw, but that design is too close to what led
to the mess we have now. While running through the woods it
just struck me that we have to separate both tasks, have
separate mapping modules, a single allocator and we end up
with a very simple and explicable design. It was one of the
moments where I thought "Hey, that's the solution I was
looking for for years...".

Volker