SOC gui projects: qooxdoo?

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Sat May 27 19:52:59 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I haven't been tracking the SOC projects very carefully, but I believe I saw
reference to a new SWAT for Samba4.  If someone is actually working on that,
and there are thoughts of using qooxdoo, I've been tracking qooxdoo very
closely the past few months, and have recently begun working with it
directly.  Although I'm _far_ from being an expert, I may be able to assist if
there are qooxdoo questions.  It's definitely a cool environment for quickly
developing nice GUIs for web-based applications!

If you are going to use qooxdoo, I recommend using the latest branch in
qooxdoo's svn, called "namespaces".  The previous versions are not really
being actively supported, thus my recommendation against using them at this
point.  For reference, the version used last summer by Tridge was 0.1, and the
currently released version is 0.5x (0.52, I think).  0.1 is *very* obsolete.
The namespaces branch has a number of new features beyond what 0.5x provided,
along with providing new names for each function so that it is entirely
namespace clean.  It is the only branch under current development.

The namespaces branch includes JSON and JSON-RPC code which should be very
apropos to a SWAT-type project.

Cheers,

Derrell