Setting the change time on a file

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Mon May 22 02:44:12 GMT 2006

Hi Satwik,

If you're using cli_setpathinfo(), the c_time parameter should be "status
Change time", not create time.  If you look at the code in cli_setpathinfo(),
you'll see that the we skip writing the create time (at offset 0).  The c_time
parameter is written into the buffer at offset 24, which is where the "change
time" goes.

If it's not doing what you think it should be doing, please generate a small
test program that shows the problem, post a bugzilla bug on "libsmbclient" and
attach the test program to the bug, and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Derrell