smb_register_exit_event went AWOL

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Tue May 2 05:25:11 GMT 2006

Hi guys,

Way back in r10656, Jerry removed exit events from the module interface.
This actually came from Volker's r8872 change to trunk. I'm updating
some modules from 3.0.20b to top-of-tree and I just noticed that it's no
longer there.

I guess it's not too big a deal for me since the code I'm working on is
destined for SVN and I can work around it or introduce the code I need
to do cleanup.

However, this is an incompatible change to the module interface, and not
all modules live in SVN. In the future, perhaps we should flag this
better to make sure that it's publicised before it happens?

OTOH, if I'm the first to trip over this, then maybe I'm overestimating
the number of out-of-tree modules, and it just doesn't matter ...

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org