looking for more project ideas

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Mon May 1 13:34:36 GMT 2006

   Strongly agree!
   Logically the checks on the parameters should be when they're
initially set, so the code is "right there". With it in
a different file entirely, it's unlikely to be fixed if.
the loading changes.

   After pruning the parameters, one might see code like

{"map hidden", P_BOOL, P_LOCAL, &sDefault.bMap_hidden, set_map_hidden,
	NULL, FLAG_ADVANCED | FLAG_SHARE | FLAG_GLOBAL},
---

static BOOL set_map_hidden(int snum, const char *pszParmValue,
		char **ptr) {
	if (*ptr == True && (sDefault.iCreate_mask & 0111) {
		complain_bitterly (;-))
	}
	else {
		sDefault.bMap_hidden = *ptr;
	}
	return True;
}

Hopefully when someone comes to change map hidden, one will
notice it's set in a handler and modify that (;-))

--dave

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

(416) 223-5943