Samba v3.0.21c

Steve Williams steve at celineandsteve.com
Mon Mar 27 06:25:31 GMT 2006

Hi,

You should have joined the OpenBSD technical list, or at least looked at
their archives.

There is a "feature" in the particular sequence of events with an
opendir, seekdir, telldir, system calls that can cause memory usage
increase.  You should be able to find it on the mail list archives.

There is a proposed patch to OpenBSD that changes the way that these
calls work, but to the best of my memory, it has not been imported into
the source tree yet.

It is more of a problem on directories with a large number of files.

Cheers,
Steve Williams