Timeline Was: Re: Admin logging SoC project requirements

Michael Krax mk-samba at krax.net
Tue Jun 6 16:50:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:41:49AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Jerry,

addressing very quickly the one open question (I am off for today
in 10 min.):

> > Administrative logging support
[...]
> > An admin log entry should provide the following information:
> >
> > - User
> > - Machine
> > - Log Level ...
> > - Event Type ...
> > - Description
> >
> > (the following two are set by admin_log/syslog:)
> > - Timestamp
> > - OS and version (bitmasked)?
>
> Do you mean the client OS ?

I was thinking about Samba version, but Client OS could also be useful.

Probably there should be support for both of them, but they should not
be printed by default. I would like to include the Samba version to
ease logging if it is sent to another server.

> Looks good.  Thanks.

That's great.

Ciao,
Michael

--
Michael Krax
Phone +49(0)30.76765923  Mobile +49(0)163.7325923