svn commit: samba r17121 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0: .

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jul 18 20:42:58 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 15:22 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> jelmer at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: jelmer
> > Date: 2006-07-18 20:05:59 +0000 (Tue, 18 Jul 2006)
> > New Revision: 17121
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=17121
> >
> > Log:
> > Fix maintainer information for pdb_*sql.
> >
> > This commit was made using Bazaar, using the Subversion support
> > (see http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrSvn)
> Jelmer, This is excellent!  Is the plugin ready for prime time?
Somewhat. It works correctly (and most of the work so far has gone into
making sure it does so), but:

 * Caches unnecessarily - for example, generates a 2 Gig cache for the
Samba repository for me.
 * Requires bzr 0.9 (unreleased, but should see a release in the next
week or so)
 * Requires patched Python bindings for Subversion (or Subversion 1.5,
which is unreleased). The patch is available at the specified wiki
page.
 * Heavy CPU usage which can make it slow.

I'm currently working on fixing the resource usage issues, and that area
should be much better soon. I've also been talking to Jeff of Ubuntu to
get the patch included in their python-subversion package and metze was
looking at getting it included by SuSE (IIUC).

Cheers,

Jelmer