[soc]configuration backend

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:20:44 GMT 2006

On 7/14/06, Mingwang <mingwxia at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>   This project uses libelektra as the backend, it provides a
> registry-like parameter holder. And the storage backend behind it can
> be file system,berkeleydb,ini,etc. I have implement APIs to access
> global and service parameter as:
>
> char* getGlobalParam(const char *paramName);
> int   setGlobalParam(const char *paramName,char *value);
> char* getServiceParam(ServiceCtx *serviceCtx,const char *paramName);
> int   setServiceParam(ServiceCtx *serviceCtx,const char *paramName,
> char *value);

Would it be possible to implement api that allow
1.  Service enumeration
2.  parameter enumeration for a given service
3.  service existence look up
4.  Transparent caching for lookups  [ This one not extremely necessary ]

Also, Ming,  is this work available in some branch ?

My requests would make more sense if I said that I am trying to
connect to your api via the registry rpc calls.  I already have a
proof-of-concept implementation that allows listing the services via
registry rpc, internally using the existing loadparm calls.

The registry rpc infrastructure by Jerry seems ready for this missing
link for smb.conf access.

regards,
Chetan S.