clustered samba and data mirror (next ...)

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Jul 13 08:32:20 GMT 2006

stephane.purnelle at corman.be пишет:
> I think that XFS file system support fnctl lock, but how can I ensure
> that is correct ?
XFS is not a clustered file system. CXFS is. You may try GFS as well,
any additional reports (besides GPFS and OCFS2 which we tried so far)
are welcome.

> Now,  vl-messagingensure the coherence of locking between node, but
> what about data-mirroring ?
That is why we need clustered file system underneath.

> I suppose that data-mirroring is this Soc project : Create a VFS
> module to share files across 2 disks, in a sense, creating user-space
> RAID
>
> Actually we search a HA solution for our PDC.
>
> Two-node which each node contain her disk space, no common disk.
>
> ###########              ########### #                  #
> #                  # #  NODE 1  #====== #  NODE 2  # #
> #             #              # ###########              ########### |
> | |                                     | ----------------
> --------------- |                  |             |
> | |    DISK         |             |    DISK        | |
>
> It's the correct overview of both component (vl-messging & user-space
>  RAID)
No. By clustered Samba (in vl-messaging) we understand a way to allow
two Samba servers to export the same disk space (provided to both
servers by distributed or clustered file system itself).

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/