clustered samba and data mirror (next ...)

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu Jul 13 08:13:38 GMT 2006

I think that XFS file system support fnctl lock, but how can I ensure that
is correct ?

Now,  vl-messagingensure the coherence of locking between node, but what
about data-mirroring ?

I suppose that data-mirroring is this Soc project : Create a VFS module to
share files across 2 disks, in a sense, creating user-space RAID

Actually we search a HA solution for our PDC.

Two-node which each node contain her disk space, no common disk.

###########              ###########
#                  #             #                  #
#  NODE 1  #====== #  NODE 2  #
#                  #             #              #
###########              ###########
           |                                     |
           |                                     |
----------------         ---------------
|                  |             |                      |
|    DISK         |             |    DISK        |
|                      |             |                      |
----------------            ----------------

It's the correct overview of both component (vl-messging & user-space
RAID)

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:45:18AM +0400, Aleksey Fedoseev wrote:
> It's great! vl-messaging branch has working clustering approach (but
> presently we still need distributed file system) - it would be nice if

To be more specific: We need a file system that does support
clusterwide fcntl locks. The ones I tested are GPFS which
does it and OCFS2 which does not.

Volker

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467