Moving ahead: Plans for 3.0.23 and 3.0.24

Matthew Mastracci matt at
Tue Jul 11 19:32:25 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Hash: SHA1
> Matthew Mastracci wrote:
>> Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>> simo wrote:
>>>> I think I would like to see inotify, CIFS posix extensions (locking)
>>>> and Idmap in 3.0.24. I do not see as compelling
>>>> to hold 3.0.24 for the cluster work, but we
>>>> can merge it in if it is ready by the release date of course.
>>> If everything else was ready, I would hold 3.0.24 for a week
>>> or two at most to get the cluster out there.  But only if
>>> there was no performance issues with the single node
>>> configuration.  I agree that if it looks like the cluster
>>> work will still take more time, we should not postpone
>>> 3.0.24 for it.
>> Gerry,
>> Does the external IDMAP backend I posted here a while back 
>> still look like it might make it in, or has some of
>> the alternate IDMAP backend discussion derailed it a bit?  I
>> can update the patch if needed.
> I think that we'll probably have to rework it some.  I
> very much want to see the patch in the tree and will
> probably spend some time with it while doing the redesign.
> Stay tuned and I'll keep posting progress to the ml.
Cool, thanks for the update.

More information about the samba-technical mailing list