Moving ahead: Plans for 3.0.23 and 3.0.24

Matthew Mastracci matt at
Tue Jul 11 16:53:47 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Hash: SHA1
> simo wrote:
>> I think I would like to see inotify, CIFS posix extensions 
>> (locking) and Idmap in 3.0.24. I do not see as compelling
>> to hold 3.0.24 for the cluster work, but we
>> can merge it in if it is ready by the release date of 
>> course.
> If everything else was ready, I would hold 3.0.24 for a week
> or two at most to get the cluster out there.  But only if
> there was no performance issues with the single node
> configuration.  I agree that if it looks like the cluster
> work will still take more time, we should not postpone
> 3.0.24 for it.


Does the external IDMAP backend I posted here a while back still look 
like it might make it in, or has some of the alternate IDMAP backend 
discussion derailed it a bit?  I can update the patch if needed.


More information about the samba-technical mailing list