Moving ahead: Plans for 3.0.23 and 3.0.24

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Tue Jul 11 15:21:20 GMT 2006

Jerry,

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> So the first questions is are they any fixes that did not go into
> 3.0.23 but shouldn't wait until Dec ?  I thin gd has some
> winbindd/PAM related fixes for offline logins and I have some Krb5
> keytab cleanups that probably are needed by some environments.
>
> And along these lines, what's the feature set for 3.0.24 ?
I think our attempts in vl-messaging branch to get clustered Samba
working can bring something acceptable in early Autumn. It would be good
to get that code included into 3.0.24 if we manage to get single node
performance without degradation.

Volker had some initial success running it against two-node cluster last
week but we obviously in a process to get it working well.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/