r16787 -- remove fstrings and use talloc

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 23:36:01 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 11:05:07PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Looking at the code -- In idmap_tdb.c:337 you jump to line
> 400, where you call tdb_chainunlock. At this point
> tdb_chainlock has not yet been called, so the chainunlock
> would potentially remove a lock that had been set elsewhere.
> Is that correct?

I (finally) took a look at this code (the idmap). It's *horrible*.

The interface design needs severely cleaning up.

We shouldn't be overloading one int paramter as a type (ID_XXX)
as well as a query specifier (ID_QUERY_ONLY|ID_CACHE_ONLY).

This *must* be 2 separate parameters in order to begin to make
sense - and both type must be enum types to catch errors here.

This code currently is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm going
to clean it up.

Jeremy.