Announcing Samba 4.0.0TP1

Ken Stone ken at sdd.hp.com
Thu Jan 26 22:50:20 GMT 2006

I pulled down the 4.0.0TP1 bits yesterday just to take a look (ie not even
a glimmer of hope that I could get it to build :-).  What I found was that
I could not get beyond running configure ... It barfed all over the place.

Is there a plan to describe the toolset required to build 4.0 ?  I had
seen some stuff a while back about new compiler tech needed ?  What might
be nice is kind of a tookit guide so people like me can start looking
for what its going to take.

I was trying to build using the vendor's cc on HP-UX 11i-v1 ...

Thanks

  -- Ken