SAMBA LDAP Integrity

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 12 11:56:46 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 01:43:01PM +0200, Yovko Yovkov wrote:
> In short - I am asking to be replaced smb.conf with ldap entry. This
> will give us possibilities to create a nice graphical tools to control
> samba.

I would strongly prefer that an administrator could choose to still have
an smb.conf file. Configuration files in UNIX and UNIX-like systems are
text files in /etc, not massive binary registries. There is a plethora of
good, unified, standard tools for handling /etc text files -- many which
do not have useful equivalents for whatever daemon authors prefers for
storage format.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/