tdb_lock failed errors (bug #3327)

Henrik Nordstrom hno at squid-cache.org
Thu Jan 12 09:23:08 GMT 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I'm not sure it would work here, but some projects have bugzilla CC the
> mailing list on every bug.  Perhaps however we could setup
> samba-technical@ as a possible CC, perhaps on bugs once they are
> ASSIGNED?

Shouldn't it be the other way around, by default CC:d until it's ASSIGNED?
I.e.. while the bug is analyzed and verified. Preferably with a
bidirectional gateway, allowing responses from/on the ML to be recorded in
the report.  A bug should only be in ASSIGNED while someone is actively
working on the bug.

But perhaps a small step is required first to have someone qualify the bug
as a bug report to keep the noise down somewhat.

Bugzilla is a very good tool, but does not exacly encourage shared
efforts. If it could be combined with harvesting comments via email
discussions I think it could be speeded up considerably.

Regards
Henrik