tdb_lock failed errors (bug #3327)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 12 09:40:41 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 10:23 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure it would work here, but some projects have bugzilla CC the
> > mailing list on every bug.  Perhaps however we could setup
> > samba-technical@ as a possible CC, perhaps on bugs once they are
> > ASSIGNED?
>
> Shouldn't it be the other way around, by default CC:d until it's ASSIGNED?
> I.e.. while the bug is analyzed and verified. Preferably with a
> bidirectional gateway, allowing responses from/on the ML to be recorded in
> the report.  A bug should only be in ASSIGNED while someone is actively
> working on the bug.
>
> But perhaps a small step is required first to have someone qualify the bug
> as a bug report to keep the noise down somewhat.

I understand there is a lot of tripe that gets filed into bugzilla, so
yes, it is that noise that I was worried about.

> Bugzilla is a very good tool, but does not exacly encourage shared
> efforts. If it could be combined with harvesting comments via email
> discussions I think it could be speeded up considerably.

I'm sure I've heard about attempts in this area before, but I don't know
if it turned into anything.

Then agian, our e-mail based bug tracking system just became an
unmaintained sespit for spam...