(no subject)

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Feb 2 05:37:45 GMT 2006

David,

 > Would the preference be JSON instead of XML ?

yes, definately. I'd rather keep my current packer than switch to XML.

Also note that while I think that using JSON would be an improvement,
its not a particularly important change from my point of view. There
is much more important stuff to do than change the packing format. All
the packing stuff is hidden behind server_call() anyway, and that
function does work (even if its ugly). The real effort needed is in
the design of the client side layout and code to support that, which
is what Deryck is working on.

Cheers, Tridge