SPAM:CRM114 Re: Samba 4 SWAT Subprojects?

Brad Henry j0j0 at riod.ca
Tue Dec 19 00:47:54 GMT 2006

derrell at samba.org wrote:

> I will look carefully at your plug-in features.  I'm not sure that removing
> widgets when a page is left and then repopulating it when re-entered is
> necessary or a good idea (but we can experiment with it), but certainly
> actually accessed is certainly useful.

Hi Derrell,

In my original patch, I wasn't removing the widgets first, as I figured
it wasn't neccessary. The two plug-in's I had created used TextArea's of
the same size, and the text changed when I switched between loaded
plug-ins, so I figured it was working as I had expected. Then I changed
the echo plug-in to allow user input into a TextField, added a button
and shrunk the TextArea. From that point on, when I would switch from
the nbt stats plug-in (a large textarea) to the echo plug-in, the new
widgets were drawn on top of the large textarea being used by the other
plug-in. This effect stopped once I removed the pre-existing widgets and
added the new ones when switching.

One other thing that I changed that might have caused the problem was
that in the first patch, I was drawing directly to the right pane of the
  split pane, whereas now I'm placing a canvas into the right pane of
the split pane and having the plug-ins draw on that. I haven't tested it
to see if it's necessary anymore or not though.

Thanks,
Brad