SPAM:CRM114 Re: Samba 4 SWAT Subprojects?

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Sat Dec 16 16:33:45 GMT 2006

Brad Henry <j0j0 at riod.ca> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've put together another draft of the admin console I've been playing with,
> patched against SAMBA_4_0 r20212.
>
> I fixed some bugs and renamed some variables, and I also refactored the way
> that plug-in applications interface with the rest of the program. The main
> program now passes a blank canvas to a plug-in app when it is instantiated,
> and this canvas is attached to the application specific sub-pane.
>
> The selected plug-in application's display() routine is called to remove the
> widgets that currently populate the canvas, and then repopulate it with its
> own.
>
> If anyone has any thoughts or comments about this patch or SWAT subprojects,
> I would be happy to hear them.

Hi Brad,

I'm actually, right now, beginning to work on building the latest qooxdoo
stuff (which includes my finite state machine) and internationalization (among
other things), and then will be working on the framework for a SWAT
application.  It looks like although the organization of the code will change
dramatically, much of your patch can be used (in finite state machine
transitions) to handle new application pages.

The style of qooxdoo applications has changed (much for the better) with the
current version of qooxdoo.  The html and js portions are well separated, and
there are standard functions (defined by the application) which are called for
initialization, main, finalizing, closing, etc.  This, along with the
decoupling of the gui portions of code from the actions which will be
accomplished by finite state machine transitions, should make for a very clean
application design.

I will look carefully at your plug-in features.  I'm not sure that removing
widgets when a page is left and then repopulating it when re-entered is
necessary or a good idea (but we can experiment with it), but certainly
actually accessed is certainly useful.

Within the next bunch of days, you should start to see some check-ins.

Cheers,

Derrell