looking for more project ideas
abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 28 21:44:50 GMT 2006
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 23:16 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> We have a list of project ideas for Summer of Code up
> at http://www.samba.org/samba/projects/summercode06.html
> Please send me any additional ideas that you have in a
> a one paragraph summary. Projects should have a defined
> beginning and termination so that we can measure a students
> progress and success.
> The student application process starts on Monday.
Clearly I need to expand on these, but I wanted to put some dot-points I
came up with out there for possible ideas. More detail in the
User Manager for SWAT
- Port an existing Samba3 Web-based user manager to Samba4's schema
- Possibly univentions's python interface?
- Build a user manager in SWAT (maybe AJAX interactive)
- Build a GQ replacement in SWAT (needs to be AJAX, for interactivity)
- Build a GQ replacement against Samba4/GTK
- Needs to be schema aware
Samba4 with an LDAP backend
- I've talked with one student about ideas in this area already.
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College http://hawkerc.net
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20060428/464508b3/attachment.bin
More information about the samba-technical