pdb_mysql, pdb_pgsql and pdb_xml modules: request for maintainer

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Sep 24 22:04:32 GMT 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 02:14:29PM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following people have showed interest in maintaining some of the
> experimental pdb modules:
>
> - - Peter Rindfuss: pdb_mysql <rindfuss at wz-berlin.de>
> - - Darrell McGuire: pdb_mysql <dmcguire at pegasys.cc>
> - - Ulrich Meis: pdb_pgsql <kenobi at halifax.rwth-aachen.de>
> - - Filip Jirsák: pdb_pgsql <filip at jirsak.org>
>
> Nobody has stepped up so far for the pdb_xml backend.
>
> Jerry, what do you think is easiest way to get changes in? Just let
> the new maintainers
> send patches to you? Or move these modules out of the tree and
> maintained seperately (like vfs_vscan, etc)?
>
> I'd of course still be happy to answer any questions regarding the code.

Thanks Jelmer,

	I think the next step would be for the people maintaining
the pdb_mysql and pdb_pgsql to work out what patches are needed,
and then send them one at a time to the samba-technical lists, as
well as attach them to the bugzilla entries of the bugs they're
fixing.

I (and Jerry I'm sure) will merge them as the maintainers agree
that these patches are "blessed" and we'll get them into the
main trees as soon as the above people agree.

Remember you need to maintain both the SAMBA_3_0 tree and
the HEAD svn trees - the SAMBA_3_0 tree becomes the next
release, HEAD is where more "speculative" development takes
place.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.