Request for a list of Samba 4 features that need QA attention

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 31 05:31:28 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 15:26 -0700, Kaplan, Marc wrote:
> Samba 4 Developers:
>
> I think it would be a good idea to maintain a running list of areas in
> Samba 4 that need QA attention. I personally have some free time shaking
> loose soon, and I'd like to use it to give Samba 4 some testing
> attention.
>
> To start with, just an e-mail listing the areas that could use some QA
> would work just fine; but perhaps it would be useful to maintain a
> webpage listing these items for the future. Maybe the webpage could take
> a blog format using the already extant blog code?

One of the biggest things we need is just folks who are not developers
taking the code out for a spin, and complaining when things don't work
in a (almost) sensible manner.  If we really are going to have a tech
preview out in a few weeks, we need the basics to behave right.

Check over domain joins and logons, from various Microsoft clients.  I
know we have issues outside that space, particularly with Samba3 joins
and connections, when using kerberos.