Apple OS X SMB issues across VPN

Dan Tappin dan at orourke.ca
Wed Oct 19 14:55:19 GMT 2005

Could anyone comment on these two threads?  I posted the second a
while back with no hits from the list.  The filesystem was the only
common thread that I never thought of investigating.

My server is running OS X Server 10.3.9 on a HFS+ (Mac) filesystem.
I also tried Samba on my OS X 10.4 Powerbook (HFS+ also) with the
same results.  Our old Dell server running RH 7.0 has a ext3 FS.

Dan Tappin