libmsrpc SAMBA3->TRUNK patch

Chris Nicholls cnicholl at uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 18 03:38:57 GMT 2005

>Looks pretty good.  I cleaned up the Makefile so that the
>static version of the library is built.  There was a second
>rule for libmsrpc.a that was overridding the legitimate one.
>I'm going to go ahead and check this in for 3.0.21pre1.

I'd like to look at the talloc stuff next - removing the talloc context
as a formal paramter and make better use of the talloc features.
Unfortunately I won't be able to get a substantial amount of work done
on this before the weekend, but i'm hoping I can find an hour or two
before then to at least come up with a plan.

Now that I think about it though, didn't we originally decide to have
the talloc context as a formal parameter to make libmsrpc similar to the
rpc IDL stuff in Samba4?  I'd say other than that there isn't really any
reason to keep it is a parameter.  Any thoughts?

Chris