Interested in uClinux patches?

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Sun Oct 16 02:41:47 GMT 2005

I looked around, and didn't see any previous discussion, if there has been
sorry for the noise.

There have been a few people who have made minor modifications to samba
(both mount and server) to uClinux, to support uClinux/uClibc/no-mmu
architectures.

Source (based on 3.0.13) exists in CVS at:
http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/uClinux-dist/user/samba/

Most changes are similar to :
http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/uClinux-dist/user/samba/source/client/smbmount.c

Where the function daemonize() has been ifdef'ed due uClinux's lack of fork.

For people unfamiliar with uClinux, there is a good paper on the topic at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7221

We use it for a audio player - mount a Windows share where Audio file
exist, and play them via a web interface.

I can extract a patch, make sure it applies to cvs for 3.0.20, and send
here if you are interested in merging it with the svn here? Otherwise - we
will just continue to maintain things out of tree.

Thanks
-Robin