svn commit: samba r11868 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/torture/rpc: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 23 01:04:39 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 20:56 +0000, vlendec at samba.org wrote:
> Author: vlendec
> Date: 2005-11-22 20:55:59 +0000 (Tue, 22 Nov 2005)
> New Revision: 11868
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=11868
>
> Log:
> Get the wks and user accounts from a file.
>
> Abartlet, please don't break this again, it's too darn useful for
> near-realistic load tests on an RPC infrastructure and can be quite easily
> expanded to more weird things a workstation might do during a login.
>
> Yes, I promise I will document this test, but this must wait until the
> weekend.
>
> I might add simulating a profile download quite soon, we have the information
> available from the info3.

My biggest issue with the previous test was the it copied (rather than
used) a lot of the infrastructure, and was very difficult to modify when
I cleaned that up, particularly for the credentials system, which we
badly needed.

As such, the best way to avoid this is to re-use as much of the code as
possible.  In particular, it would be great if we could (optionally) use
a normal join from 'net join', or a password file as the credentials
system normally uses it (see auth/credentials/credentials_files.c).

I always felt bad about what I did to your last effort in XPLOGIN, and I
really hope that we can get it integrated well, so that nobody feels to
urge to do that again.