FW: Samba 3.0.20b / AIX 5.3 / VFS Modules

Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com
Tue Nov 22 21:14:52 GMT 2005

The VFS modules work correctly when statically linked to smbd as
discussed below.  Only problem is I cannot figure out how to link a non
Samba distributed VFS module to smbd.  The module I am working with is
the samba-vscan ( OpenAntiVirus.org ) with clam.

In talking to Rainer Link, it is not supported to compile the module
statically linked to smbd.  I was hoping to get a fix I might be able to
use the samba vscan module.

Thanks again for the help.  At least I have some of the included modules
working...

Anyone with a success story for getting samba-vscan VFS module working
on AIX with CLAMAV ?

Thanks !
Lamar Saxon