notes on HOWTO-Collection

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Thu May 26 08:30:10 GMT 2005

ved from the domain, simply the attributes are not
>>changed at this time.
>
> So this should probably go into the docs, one question remains though.
> Do logons work when the master is down?

Very fine indeed... several times we have been forced to switch off the
master for maintenance and  500 concurrent users logs as a charm in the
domain only with the slave up.

Our architecture is more or less:

PDC     |    BDC1
-------------------
LDAP virtual IP HA
master  |  slave(s)

but if you don't have an HA system, you can set several servers in the
smb.conf (or round robin in the DNS) and runs fine: samba and the ldap
libraries provides reconnection and so...

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau at alumni.unav.es
University of Navarra      icoupeau at ieee.org
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/