OT: what's the best Apache smb module?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon May 2 21:54:04 GMT 2005

Hi there

I'm just trying to get SMB auth support built into Apache-2 and I must
say I'm finding it a bit disappointing.

Most appear to be years old and don't work anymore, and the ones that do
are missing rather big features such as account password caching (you
expect to authenticate off a domain controller 10/sec???) and group
support.

The best one I can find is smbauth (http://tekrat.com/smbauth/) but it
won't compile (actually, it compiles - it won't install) on Fedora (and
Google also says Solaris).

Surely I'm not the only one wanting to use SMB authentication from a
Unix Web environment? What do you all use?

PS: I'm surprised that this isn't such a much-wanted feature that it
came standard on systems - e.g as an RPM,etc.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417