svn commit: samba r6127 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: include lib libads libsmb nsswitch rpc_server tdb utils

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 30 21:55:52 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 04:40 +0000, derrell at samba.org wrote:
> Author: derrell
> Date: 2005-03-30 04:40:24 +0000 (Wed, 30 Mar 2005)
> New Revision: 6127
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=6127
>
> Log:
> Eliminated all compiler warnings pertaining to mismatched "qualifiers".  The
> whole of samba comiles warning-free with the default compiler flags.

However, when you compile --enable-developer, these all come back again,
just different :-)

Sorry to jump on the new guy, but const issues have been gone over many
times, and they are not easy unless you start fooling the compiler - see
the discard_const_p() macro from Samba4 to do it reliably.

The current situation was pretty much the minimum warnings we could get
without invoking discard_const_p(), and already used a similar trick in
tdb.