directory change notification patch

Mark Weaver mark-clist at npsl.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:01:47 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 06:10:54PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
>>I guess I'm wrong and he's right in both cases it looks like. I owe
>>him an apology. Sometime having your source code out there *sucks* :-) :-).
>>Especially when it has subtle bugs (and I'm saying they're subtle 'cos
>>this stuff has been out there forever and no-one else noticed :-).

It was configuration dependent for it to show up, I think.  If there
were more change notifications going on than just 1, then the
probability of missing them decreases.  Also, if oplocks are triggering
async processing, then the problem wouldn't show.  I just happened to
test with the 'right' configuration to trigger it in an obvious way.  So
it doesn't seem that surprising that it didn't show up in other testing.

> Sorry Mark, you were completely right.
There's no need to apologise!  Thanks to both you and Derrel for taking
the time to look at this.

Mark