Catching more principals in ads_keytab_verify_ticket()

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Mar 12 01:13:25 GMT 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 05:01:14PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:21:51PM -0800, Doug VanLeuven wrote:
> > Jeremy Allison wrote:

> > >Applied, thanks !
> > >

> > Just a reminder.
> > This patch works in conjunction with Michael Brown's patch to
> > kerberos_verify.c.
> > If you don't want to use that patch, then essentially the same thing
> > needs to be done in kerberos_verify.c for these names  to be matched and
> > used there.
>
> Yes, but I can't use his patch as-is due to the memory leak of not freeing
> the keytab entry after reading.
>
> This is why I *hate* kerberos. No one ever writes working kerberos code. Ever.
> Not even me - I bet even when I've fixed it there's another problem somewhere... :-).
>
> I'm re-working the patch right now.

And of course MIT and Heimdal have different requirements for freeing a keytab
entry after iterating it... See the function smb_krb5_kt_free_entry() for details.
Essentially you can't guarentee that a kt_entry is a pointer. It may be a struct,
so you can't assign NULL to it.

I *hate* kerberos :-).

Jeremy.