Dynamicising Solaris Groups (was Dynamic groups)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 8 16:57:24 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> No - why can't initgroups()/setgroups()/getgroups() just
> be made dynamic ? There is no binary compatibility issue
> as setgroups/getgroups take a size parameter,

  It can, but, the kernel was from back before Posix decided
that "Application writers should note that {NGROUPS_MAX} is
not necessarily a constant on all implementations."

  I'm thinking of writing an interposer...

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest