samba4 smb.conf documentation?

Michael Druing michael at drueing.de
Fri Mar 4 16:17:09 GMT 2005

OK, seems I'm a bit stuck at the moment. My problem is this:
I have a samba share configured like this:

[DataStore1]
        path = /store1/samba
        read only = no
        browseable = yes

I mapped the "Administrator" user to "root" and connect using this account.
If I open an explorer Window (from XP) for that share and create a new
folder, it works fine. Using smbclient (locally from the server) also works.
However, when creating a directory with Total Commander (available from
http://www.ghisler.com), I get something that looks like a 0 byte file
instead of a directory on the client. The funny thing is that, on the
server, a directory is correctly created. However, _all_ client apps show
this new directory as a file (not just Total Commander, even Windows
Explorer for example)
I created some screenshots here:
http://homepages.uni-tuebingen.de/student/michael.drueing/samba/folder.html

I'm using ext3 as filesystem (with options rw,acl,user_xattr) if that
matters.
My Samba4 version is Revision 5597 from Feb.27

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
--Michael